2013 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
The Scholarship Committee of the Irish American Home Society is pleased to announce the distribution of as many as four (4) annual scholarships. The scholarships being awarded this year include:
Twelve Hundred Dollar ($1200.00) Scholarships to high school senior(s) planning to matriculate as full time undergraduate students at an accredited college or university granting an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Twelve Hundred Dollar ($1200.00) Scholarships to full time undergraduate student(s) presently attending an accredited college or university and continuing for at least one more academic year.
Candidates qualifying for this scholarship must be members or sons or daughters of “Members in good standing” (paid to date) of the Irish American Home Society. This membership must be active for the past three years for eligibility.
STANDARDS FOR CONSIDERATION:
An applicant for the Irish American Home Society scholarship will be judged on membership years, scholarship, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation and essay submitted. The Irish American Home Society, through this program seeks students who show an appreciation of the value of an education and who are willing to work to achieve success.
Students wishing to apply for the Irish American Home Society Scholarship must submit the following documentation to the committee along with the application form.
High School Senior:
1. Official school transcript including first semester senior grades, class rank and
College Board scores.
2. Activity sheet including all extracurricular activities such as sports, class
involvement, club involvement, and community service.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation, one must be from the principal or
counselor and the second from any person of your choice.
1. Official transcript of courses completed including cumulative point ratio.
2. Activity sheet (same as item 2 for High School Senior).
3. Two letters of recommendation, one from college faculty member
and one from a person of your choice.
Click Here to download our scholarship application.