132 Commerce Street, Glastonbury, CT 06033
2020 SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION
The Scholarship Committee of the Irish American Home Society is pleased to announce the
distribution of as many as three (3) annual scholarships. The scholarships being awarded this
Candidates qualifying for this scholarship must be members or sons or daughters of “Members in good standing” (dues paid to date) of the Irish American Home Society. This membership must be active for the past three years for eligibility.
An applicant for the Irish American Home Society scholarship will be judged on membership years, scholarship, extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation and essay submitted. The Irish American Home Society, through this program, seeks students who: understand/appreciate their heritage; show an appreciation of the value of an education; and are willing to work to achieve success.
In addition to the application form, please submit the following:
1. Official school transcript including first semester senior grades, class rank and
College Board scores.
2. Activity sheet including all extracurricular activities such as sports, class
involvement, club involvement, and community service.
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation, one must be from a high school principal, counselor, or
faculty member and the second from any person of your choice (not a family member).
1. Official transcript of courses completed including cumulative point ratio.
2. Activity sheet (same as item 2 for High School Senior).
3. Two letters of recommendation, one an individual associated with your college/university
and one from a person of your choice (not a family member).
Scholarship will be awarded at the June (6/12/20) monthly meeting of the IAHS.
Deadline for submittal of completed applications and all supportive materials is May 1, 2020. Applications postmarked after May 1, 2020, will be rejected. Send application to:
IRISH AMERICAN HOME SOCIETY
c/o Jim Moriarty
8 Danforth Lane
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Email on/before May 1, 2020:
call 860-563-0804 (in advance of May 1 to obtain email address
Applications SHOULD NOT be mailed to/delivered to the Irish American Home.
Applications/materials mailed to/delivered to the IAHS will not be considered.
No applications will be accepted before March 1, 2020.
Contact Information: Jim Moriarty, Scholarship Chair 860-563-0804